Marketing that can help an organization deliver the right information at the right time called ‘Contextual Marketing’ is one of the cornerstones of Inbound Marketing or Attraction Marketing by creating and presenting content that is desirable to customers. When you’re creating content marketing, you should not overlook studying the surrounding context. Also, this can provide you with creating effective customer engagement and a pleasant experience. Contextual Marketing is mainly online, but it can be integrated with offline media as well.
Now, let us introduce you to ‘Contextual Marketing’ in detail.
Contextual marketing refers to
Many companies begin to focus on Contextual Marketing, which is studying based on the environment in which the audience is browsing to be used to plan creative marketing campaigns by presenting content related to that person in various ways and communicating to target groups or customers in order to offer product and service. Before you carry out the content marketing on customers, you need to understand the buyer persona. It can help you know how it should be communicated, how voice and tone should be, and what the content should be. Therefore, creating contextual marketing will connect customer behavior to trigger and respond with different types of content.
Benefits of contextual marketing
- Easy and reasonable cost: This kind of marketing has a lower cost than others, and it’s not complicated to apply.
- Privacy and safety: Since your brand has to indicate particular topics or keywords, any advertisements will only pop up to users who are relevant to these terms. Hence, the strategy helps you not to break through users’ private space, and what they see will depend on their contexts and environments.
- Clear goals: This marketing allows you to set plans, objectives, or goals, so you can decide when it’s the right time to do marketing campaigns.
- Data filtering: One of the processes of this strategy is to analyze the most accurate and proper information that meets the needs of users. Thus, you can make sure that users will not receive too much data. From this, you will be able to gain customer satisfaction which leads to an increase in sales.
General ways of the work process
- Decide what is your parameter
When using contextual marketing, you have to know what your campaign is going to be like, so your ads will come out to the point. You can begin by picking topics. Try to think about categories that will be perfect for your campaign such as entertainment, education, sport, etc. Also, keywords are significant because they can identify your target audiences. For example, if your brands are organic, you should add keywords like eco-friendly or sustainability.
- Start Google Analytics
It’s no doubt that you’ll always see the products you want from various shops as it’s the result of Google analysis. When you’re searching or placing products, Google will analyze what you’ve purchased, and detect contents on a matching network. In simple words, the advertisements will appear if the keywords or key audiences match with the ad group.
- Create Ads
After you implement the analysis, the system will look for the most compatible placement that relates to your advertisement. For instance, if topics or keywords match with the type or target of the website like Google, your ads will probably appear.
4 ways to create contextual marketing strategy
1. You have to know your target customers, who is your regular or who is the new one, by observing from the customer’s journey. Also, monitoring which platform that customers often visit your brand is also crucial.
2. Creating plans depends on what you would like to get from customers. For example, you want customers to follow your brand, ask for more information, or purchases. It’ll be easier for you to create a call-to-action plan to answer customers’ needs.
3. Always prepare for the contents and communicate with your customers. The contents must be personalized as it will attract customers’ attention easily.
4. Running a test and reviewing the feedback can help you enhance a stronger strategy.
If you want to know more, you can catch up with our Get Unstuck implementers. We can help you explore a new business process! Find more: https://www.getunstuckmethod.com/ Stay tuned for our new membership promotion! Don’t miss this chance!